As a 3CX Hosted Partner we offer a complete range of options, including reducing capital outlay and flexible licensing. This includes a fully hosted subscription model, a virtualised solution and collocation of your 3CX server in our Data Centre.
What is hosted 3CX
Traditionally a phone system (PBX) is installed on an organisation’s premises (we refer to this as an on-premise solution). This is no longer the sole option – your 3CX phone system can now be hosted elsewhere over the Internet.
There are commercial and technical pros and cons to either approach. Generally speaking hosting offers options around capital outlay and functional flexibility.
Our Hosted 3CX solutions
We offer a choice of three options for hosting a 3CX phone system, this includes:
1 – Fully Hosted 3CX
This is a fully hosted 3CX solution located in our UK Data Centre and based on a dynamic subscription model:
- There are no setup or 3CX installation costs
- Pay by monthly subscription or an annual fee based on a “per user” model
- You can scale the number of subscribed users up or down as needed
- All software and hardware maintenance is managed
- No upgrades needed – always runs the latest version of 3CX because the software is kept updated
- Server hardware and licenses are included – just need to purchase handsets
- Settings on the 3CX PBX can be managed remotely, but underlying hardware and infrastructure are managed invisibly as part of the service
This is a good option to begin with, as the commitment in terms of costs and equipment is minimal.
2 – 3CX Cloud Server
With this solution you purchase a virtual 3CX server from us so don’t have any physical hardware. You own the 3CX software licenses and have full control over your server which can be hosted in our UK Data Centre or a location of your choice.
- There is an up-front cost for software licenses and handsets – capital expenditure rather than operational cost
- You can purchase upgrades when you need to license more concurrent calls, but you don’t have the granularity of the fully hosted option
- Physical server hardware and 3CX infrastructure can be provided and managed by us in our Data Centre or you can choose to host in a location of your choice
There will be an optimum price point at which this will be more cost-effective for you than the fully hosted option. We can help work that out for you. You own the software too.
3 – 3CX Collocation
With our collocation solution you own your 3CX licenses and purchase a physical server which we host in our UK Data Centre.
- With this option, you purchase server hardware as well as software licenses, so it is an up-front cost
- We manage the 3CX server in our Data Centre
- Collocation offers complete control over the hardware and software options
- There are more options and greater control over the underlying infrastructure and availability (high up-time) than with options 1 and 2
To all intents and purposes this is the same as an on-premise system in terms of choice, control and ownership, but with the benefits of better mobility and lower infrastructure demands.
Which 3CX Hosted solution is right for you
Your best suited hosted 3CX solution depends on a couple of broad considerations including:
If you’re uncertain, please contact us to speak to one of our 3CX experts who are more than happy to advise.
Benefits of 3CX Hosted
Here are some benefits that are common to all our 3CX Hosted options, and reasons why you might choose a Hosted solution instead of on-premise :
Other 3CX Services
Please have a look at our other 3CX services below which may also be of interest: